Have a cause you are passionate about?
Ever wanted to be a voice for positive social change but not sure where to start?
We are looking for young aspiring writers, advocates and changemakers like you to contribute your voice to champion social causes to thousands of people in Singapore!
If that sounds like you, come join us as a Good Scribe!
A Good Space is a community of changemakers creating immersive activities to help members of the public learn about diverse social issues. From Poverty Simulations to a Feast with Seniors, our community has organised over 236 events covering 11 social issue categories, from social inequality, migrant workers, the differently-abled and more.
To see a calendar of upcoming events at A Good Space, come visit our Facebook Page at: https://facebook.com/agoodspacesg/events
We are looking for 6 volunteer writers (aka Good Scribes) to attend and write about these immersive activities put on by some of Singapore’s most passionate changemakers!
If you are selected, we’ll provide you with a scholarship to attend an exclusive one day workshop hosted by one of our changemakers, The Hidden Good. At the workshop, you will learn:
- How to harness the art of storytelling to advocate for causes you care about
- How to create engaging content that rouses people to care
- How to tap on social media to spread your articles, videos and content to a larger audience
All costs for this workshop (valued at $500 per person) will be sponsored by A Good Space. The details of the workshop are:
Date: Thursday, 30th May 2019
Time: 10am – 5pm
Venue: The Hidden Good Office (625 Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, General Magnetics Building, Level 4 Town Hall, S319519)
What will I get to experience?
Beyond the workshop, you’ll also have a chance to:
- Gain a deeper perspective into social issues by attending immersive events at A Good Space for free!
- Learn how to start a social movement by befriending some of Singapore’s most passionate changemakers working on a diverse range of social issues
- Help these passionate changemakers to do more good by raising awareness for their causes
- Expand your writing portfolio and get your articles featured on our blog
What do I have to do as A Good Scribe?
Attend 5 events at A Good Space and write articles about your experience and what you have learnt at the events. The articles can be as long / short as you’d like but a good range to start with is between 600 to 1,000 words.
These articles will then be published on our blog here: http://agoodspace.org/blog and we’ll also credit you for the article once it is published.
By contributing your voice, you’ll be enabling the Good Starters to raise more awareness for their causes and projects!
How do I apply?
As this is our pilot run, we’ll only be able to have 6 Good Scribes join us for the workshop this time.
If you’d like to apply, click on the button below and fill out the form! Or if you have any questions, feel free to drop us an email to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications close on Friday, 10th May 2019.
P.S: Know of a friend who’d enjoy this? Forward this to them so they can benefit too!